Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Birthday Cake

I love birthday cake.  I especially love that my girl's aren't old enough to make many demands so I get to make the cake that I want to eat.  I let Catie choose the cake flavour, chocolate, and the frosting colour and the rest was up to me.


I should have taken a shot of the inside cause this was a pretty cake.  I baked it in a 9x13 pan, then cut it in half.  I cut each of those halves horizontally so I have 4 layers and I stacked them all up, adding a super yummy chocolate ganache between each one.

Chocolate cake, chocolate ganache, thick, pink buttercream frosting... perfect!

As each of her guests showed up to her birthday party Catie brought them over to see her cake, she was really pleased and everyone thought it was super delicious.

0 comments: