Monday, July 27, 2009

Complaints

A lot of people have started saying things along the line of, "You must be so excited to be done" or "You must be really ready for the baby to come" and everytime I've sort of been surprised how I haven't felt that way at all. I've really enjoyed being pregnant and everything is fun and new. I like my maternity clothes, I like to feel Catie move and I've enjoyed the mental preparation time before she comes.

Well it's suprising how quickly that can all change.

I've become hot and puffy, my shoes don't fit anymore and I miss my wedding rings. I wear flip flops all the time which now hurts the balls of my feet.
I can't sleep on my back because it hurts my back but sleeping on my side hurts my ribs, I have to use 5 pillows just to be comfortable and don't even get me started on how often I have to pee lately.

I'm hoping this is just a phase and I'll go back to enjoying things because otherwise it's going to be a long 7 weeks. I need to start looking on the bright side again.
L

2 comments:

Michelle said...

not to be a downer...but invest in some cute flip flops...by a body pillow and hang in there....and if all else fails in the sleeping department...i always found be proped part way up on the couch was the most comfy place to sleep in the end

Laura said...

The depressing thing is I have some comfy flip-flops and I use my body pillow nightly... I've done what I can to be comfortable and I was still miserable yesterday. Today is shaping up to be much better though.