Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How's Married Life?

You know how when you first got married and everybody asked you the same question in exactly the same words? "So, how's married life?"

Well it turns out there's a new questions when you're pregnant, "How are you feeling?"

Now if you're a friend or family member I'm glad you're concerned and I'm happy to answer but so many people who didn't care how I was feeling before I was pregnant don't know what else to say, so I get the question. I answer with, "Good". Then there's an awkward silence as they wait for me to elaborate, but I have no desire to elaborate.

When it was the marriage question I was tempted to answer with something like, "Worst mistake I ever made." Perhaps I'll have to start answering this one with as many graphic, gross medical conditions as I can think of :)
L

0 comments: