Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tip of the Day

It's a random tip, one I hadn't thought about for 8 or 9 years and then this week I've given it out twice. And it's just so handy and obscure that I thought I'd share for two reasons:
  1. So you'd be impressed with my brilliance; and
  2. So you could use this tip if the need ever arises.

So here it is...

What do you do if someone has written on your dry/erase board with a permanent marker. Or today's slight variation, what happens if someone writes on your fridge with a permanent marker.

The obvious remedies probably come to mind, rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover but I promise nothing works as well as mine.

Take a regular dry/erase marker, scribble over the permanent marker until it's completely covered and then just wipe it all away. You're thinking that silly, it doesn't make sense, the dry/erase will wipe off and the other will stay but you're wrong. They both wipe away cleanly with no elbow grease.

Enjoy, share, marvel.
L

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, really cool! I will have to keep that in mind.

Michelle at peek-a-boob said...

I've done it and it's true.

Jenn said...

You really are brilliant.

Unknown said...

seriously it saved the front of my fridge today!!! Thanks a bunch for the fabulous tip