Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Way Out

I have this knot in my stomach that never loosens. My hands are a little shaky… I'm really nervous.

I was trying to be tough and managed to not complain at all on my blog about the temperature in our apartment. Last year we had really horrible heat so we expected it to be cold but we weren't prepared for the entire lack of heat that we've been experiencing. We get not a single bit of heat from our pipes and our landlady has done nothing to fix it. It's no way to live when it's minus 45 degrees outside.

So we've decided to move. We don't know where we're going but we're giving notice tomorrow and we're not giving 30 days and we're going to try our darndest to get our entire damage deposit back. I'm sure it's going to be an unpleasant fight where reason is thrown out the window on her end and we do our best to stay calm but the law is on our side.

So think about us and send support our way, we need it to deal with the worst woman you've ever met and wish us luck tonight as we go look at a place that seems like it'll be much better than where we are now. To end on a happy note I'm including pictures of the hoped for basement suite. The windows are small I know but it's bigger and a little cheaper than what we have now.
L






3 comments:

Julianne said...

Good decision. There is no reason to live without good heating in this weather when you're renting. Good luck with the Landlady. She must be crazy! I hope your new place will be so much better you'll wonder why you didn't move sooner.

Amanda said...

Hey, this is cute place! Hopefully you get it! Good luck!

RK Ferguson said...

Good luck with the new apartment. Looks like it's nice. I can't believe the craziness you've had with your landlady. What a psycho women! You'll be so glad to get out of there!!

From Karen (Still) Ferguson